LOW THRESHOLD STARTTI COACHING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE UNDER 29
It would be nice to have a place to visit every day, get a little routine for your everyday life and get better prepared for the next thing. There would be people who would help with these endless questions and you could move forward, at least a little.
Well, now there is such a place! You are welcome to join Startti periods just as you are.
In a period of about 2–3 months, you will learn how to manage everyday life, put a rhythm to life, and learn about various services and forms of support that make your own life easier.
Please visit the Helsinki YMCA Lounge at Kaisaniemenkatu 8 to explore the activities.
You can either come alone or with a friend. The next open house is on: 28 March 2022 at 14:30-15:30 and 11 April 2022 at 14:30-15:30.
For details on start times, registration, etc., contact the STARTTI coaches:
YOUTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND WELLNESS WORKSHOP
Through the Helsinki YMCA workshop in the youth, physical education and wellbeing sectors, young people under the age of 29 have the opportunity to learn and gain experience in those fields. The workshop supports the youth holistically. The workshop period consists of individual, work and group coaching. The duration and content of the workshop period vary depending on individual objectives. The workshop may support in applying for education and employment or, for example, completing an unfinished degree.
The region of the workshop is the metropolitan area. The workshop is a so-called wall-free workshop that operates in several different locations according to the needs of the trainees. The jobs are located in Helsinki YMCA or its partner organisations. The activities of the workshop are funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
Ville Turkka is responsible for the workshop operations; the instructors are Ville Ahonen and Anni Lötjönen.
SILO - Social integration through learning orientation
Project reunites three experienced organizations in the field of learning career counseling. Within this international Project we will share the experience and knowledge that each organizations has about learning career counseling & workplace based learning as an orientation tool.
Objective of the project:
- Share knowledge and good practices about counseling in order to inspire other counselor and to compare to their own organizations
- Share knowledge and good practices about different disadvantaged groups in order to inspire each other and to adapt our own service. Examples of disadvantaged groups are: NEET-youngster, refugees, low-schooled, … Every partner has a specific expertise, where other partners can benefit from.
- Share knowledge and good practices about workplace based learning in order to translate/ readapt to a tool for orientation
- To decrease the inequality in participation on adult education
- To increase the amount of successful educational pathways for disadvantaged groups
- Share knowledge and good practices about organizations who are active in the broad field of adult education and/or lifelong learning, in order to compare with their own country.